|Location||Terre Haute, IN|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
|Pay Grade||$21+ Experience|
Trans-Care thrives as a “customer service” culture. We define the “customer” differently than some in our industry in that we consider not only our patients our customers, but also the people who ask for our help in transporting the patient from one place to another. We offer superior customer services not just in the ambulance but also on the telephone, through scheduling software, and true partnerships with facilities and healthcare providers.
An EMT-Paramedic provides the highest level of medical care and transportation to patients who access the EMS System. The Paramedic brings the hospital Emergency Department to the patient’s side and acts as the eyes and ears of the emergency room physician. In a non-emergency situation, the medical response team provides transportation to patients who require an ambulance because of a medical condition and can continue the treatments that the patient received inside the hospital environment with limited or no interruption during transportation. Teamwork at Trans-Care is pivotal to a strong EMS system.
What are the Job requirements?
To apply for the Paramedic position, you must have the following:
Valid IN State Driver’s License
State of Indiana EMT-Paramedic Certification
Current CPR Certification
Current ACLS Certification
Current PALS Certification
Pass State of Indiana Criminal Background Check
Pass Indiana BMV Motor Vehicle Report
What will I do as an EMT-Paramedic?
An EMT-Paramedic provides the highest level of medical care and transportation to patients who access the EMS System. The Paramedic brings the hospital Emergency Department to the patient’s side and acts as the eyes and ears of the emergency room physician. In a non-emergency situation, the medical response team provides transportation to patients who require an ambulance because of a medical condition and can continue the treatments that the patient received inside the hospital environment with limited or no interruption during transportation.
- The EMT-Paramedic will satisfactorily perform all skills and procedures as designed by the Indiana EMS Commission curriculum.
- The EMT-Paramedic will satisfactorily meet the requirements of Trans-Care’s Medical Direction for affiliation and clinical oversight.
- While on duty, the EMT-Paramedic will practice his or her skills and fulfill his or her duties within the Standard of Care Protocol, any physician order, and any direction by a higher medical authority.
- The EMT-Paramedic will make himself/herself familiar with, know and follow all Trans-Care’s policies and procedures.
- The EMT-Paramedic will respond to EMS calls as assigned by the communications center observing the policies of Trans-Care on “out of chute” and “end of shift” time.
- The EMT-Paramedic will operate and oversee the operation of his or her partner of the assigned vehicle under the rules of the State of Indiana and the policies of Trans- Care.
- The EMT-Paramedic will know and follow all Trans-Care policies and procedures regarding normal operations and treat all Trans-Care customers, patients, fellow employees and/or vendors with honesty and respect according to Trans-Care’s Code of Conduct.
- The EMT-Paramedic will observe a strict standard of patient confidentiality regarding the access, possession or transmission of Personal health information (PHI) per Trans-Care’s privacy policies designed to protect such information from access by unauthorized persons.
- The EMT-Paramedic will safeguard the privacy of all patient protected health information in accordance with Trans-Care privacy policies, procedures and practices, as requested by federal and state law, and in accordance with Trans-Care policies of professionalism as a health care provider.
- The EMT-Paramedic will report any concerns regarding real or possible breach of policies and procedures regarding patient confidential information and any observed practices by fellow employees which appear to violate these policies and/or procedures to the Privacy Officer at his/her earliest opportunity either in person, by email or anonymously as provided by federal regulation.
- The EMT-Paramedic will be courteous and professional at all times while on duty. That shall include interactions with Trans-Care’s customers, its patients, and communications center, and his or her supervisor(s). Attitudes that demonstrate sarcasm, argumentativeness and hostility are not acceptable behaviors.
- Prior to each shift and in accordance with Indiana law, the EMT-Paramedic will account for, check operability of, and be responsible for certifying that all required Advance Life Support equipment is operating, functional and located on her or her assigned unit.
- The EMT-Paramedic will check in, check out, and account for all narcotics as required by state DEA and/or EMT rules and Trans-Care policies and check all medication on board for expiration dates and replace as needed.
- The EMT-Paramedic will maintain his or her in-service education as prescribed by the Indiana State EMT Agency.
- The EMT-Paramedic will operate his or her assigned vehicle and personal conduct under the laws and rules of the State of Indiana and the safety policies of Trans-Care including but not limited to procedures designed to enhance and provide the crew and patient safety at all times.
- The EMT-Paramedic will submit documentation that is complete, accurate and timely prior to leaving his/her shift at the designated time for departure.
- The EMT-Paramedic will help maintain a clean and hazard free work environment by performing such cleaning chores as requested both on and in a vehicle and station.
- The EMT-Paramedic will be responsible to Precept Paramedics and EMT-Basic students and new employees as assigned.
- The EMT-Paramedic will advise of all vehicle problems needing attention or repair and submit the proper report(s) necessary for correction per Trans-Care procedure.
- The EMT-Paramedic will maintain himself/herself in a fit condition to be able to perform lifting, bending, stooping and other associated physical activity without injury.
- The EMT-Paramedic will also perform any reasonably related duties as prescribed by his/her supervisor.
This description is not intended to be all inclusive and may be modified from time to time as circumstances and business necessities dictate.